Monday 6 April 2020

Plastic scenery: Citadel Forest


Hello guys!

I have completed a very quick and easy piece of scenery, a forest ( well , 3 trees in a base) by Games Workshop, I bought it second hand, very cheap, and had it laying around several months until last week.






I cleaned all the parts and branches of the trees and sanded the mould lines, then primed in dark grey (Panzer grey by Ammo Mig), normally I would have painted the basecoat with airbrush, but in this particular case, I thought it would be fine If I used a wide a brush.


                                         primed

                                         basecoat

                                         drybrushed
                                         static grass


The process was very quick, just a base coat of arts store paints, the same I use to paint my scenery and terrain boards,  cheap paint,   dark brown or chocolate for the base, leaving the rocks in dark grey, and then the same on the trees, dark brown all over them.

the next step was drybrush all the kit, for the ground, ochre drybrush all over the base (avoiding the rocks) and finally a drybrush coat of beige. For the rocks 3 different shades of lighter greys until almost white for the edges of the rocks. And for the trees, I used Vallejo beige brown for the drybrush coat and a second coat of beige brown plus beige or white.

When the forest was painted, came the funny part, I substituted the plastic leaves of the trees (tedious to paint and unnatural) with Noch leaves in different shades, not expensive and very useful for this kind of work.   







the finished scenic piece:




Cheers!

6 comments: