Wednesday 30 January 2019
It has been 5 years since I bought this miniature on eBay... 2013, and now I have decided to paint here the imperial war wagon. One of my favorite miniatures of all times, sculpted by the Perry twins in the early 90s. A heavy piece of metal full of details, I run away from it until this November, and finished it yesterday.
I painted in GW paints, Vallejo and Foundry. In order to paint the horses and the structure of the chariot, I used an airbrush, to modulate the red and yellow highlights.
Painting the engineers was time consuming, because of the "landsknecht" uniform, with so many bright colours, as well as the wood grain of the black wood structure.
I used old GW Bretonnian decals on the horse barding, and the flags are printed from the internet, but are the same included in the original box set.
I am very pleased with the finish result, because it has old the flavour of Oldhammer, and will be the centerpiece of my army from now on.
Here you see the finished model:
I hope you enjoy it.
Monday 28 January 2019
Hi there friends!
Here you have some old pics from a unit I painted some years ago, my first cavalry unit for the French army. I wanted to depict an "elite" unit which fought in Flanders and Spain during the League of Augsburg War: Royal des Carabiniers, in 1693 uniform.
This uniform was similiar to the one worn by this unit on earlier periods, and is taken from the book "French Cavalry of the League of Augsburg War", as well as the flag, printed from the same book.
Although most of my collection is North star 1672 and Front Rank miniatures, I like the old "Dixons Miniatures" Grand Alliance range, I got my inspiration from the League Of Augsburg forum and blog, By Barry Hilton.
This miniatures are slighty smaller than my other units so I dont mix them with Front Rank or North Star 1672 in the same regiment, but yes in the same army. However they mix perfectly with Wargames Foundry "Marlburian" range.
Tuesday 8 January 2019
Hello all mates,
9 months have passed since I started this blog, In these months I have been posting miniatures painted by me, either recently or in the past few years. In 2018 I have painted 77 miniatures (horses included) in 28mm scale, plus scenery and some vehicles in various scales... (compared to 68 painted in 2017) This year I will try to beat my record!
What can you expect from this blog in the next months? Well, I have several "active" projects (and several inactive too !) So here you have a little preview of what is going to come.
- I will finish a Spanish Tercio, the "old Yellows", Tercio Amarillos Viejos or Tercio of Burgos, so my late XVII century army will be expanded.
- I want to base a couple of units painted for me by the very talented Toby, from Artmaster Studio; The French Guards/Gardes Françaises (circa 1667-1680) and the Spanish Trozo de Extremadura/ Extremadura cavalry "regiment".
- Base and make "playable" my 30 years war armies, Spanish and Protestants.
- Weather my (half painted) Stalingrad Flames of War German Panzers! (I go to Stalingrad this summer, so my "hype" is increasing!
- Start painting any unit for the "War of Devolution" 1667-68 project, although I have already some valid units for this project. I want French King's Musketeers, more Spanish horse and foot for 1660', French/Scottish Dillon's Regiment, etc...
- Maybe starting a Portuguese army for their Restoration or Independence War, painting command groups for my existing TYW units with interesting English regiments from their Restoration period.
-Post more pics from my Late Roman and Sassanid Persian armies, and expanding them.
-this is an open list, probably I will add a high number of random posts of historical miniatures!😉
-Byzantines ??? When Aventine Miniatures decide to sell them, I definitely will buy them for my Army of Belisarius !
-Continue with my Warhammer Empire army: War Wagon, Knights, Pistoliers, more infantry...
-Start an Oldhammer Orcs & Goblins army
-continue painting Warhammer Quest miniatures.
- Mordheim: finish my Reikland Warband, and start a new one!
-Painting more scenery (Tabletopworld!!) and scrachtbuilt.
-Warmaster 10mm miniatures? I had enough miniatures for at least an army of Orcs, and some Empire troops...
Some random preview pics of some things to come :