Monday 17 June 2019

Marauder's GIANT: Warhammer Monster

Hello guys,


After  month of painting, I have just finished (yesterday!) the mighty Marauder's Warhammer or Oldhammer Giant! I bought him second hand a couple of months ago, and I could not resist start painting him in that very moment.

This miniature is from 1990, and despite its age, is a real gem, is my favourite Warhammer Giant of all time, and will be the centerpiece of my Orcs & Goblins army, or an independent monster to fight with in Warhammer Quest or similar.

In order to paint it, I opted for a classic paintjob, very "Oldhammer"




The way for painting it was the usual;

clean all the metal parts, build the miniature partially, in order to paint it easier than full built,
prime it in grey


then I airbrushed the skin, using citadel Bugsman Glow, and the mixing each time more Vallejo Panzer Aces Flesh, and Iraqi Sand, then a light wash of Reikland Flesh Shade... and repeat the lights in several seeeeveral thin coats of highlights with brush...



Next steps were very straight forward; just basecoat, and highlight each color, it was not as fun because it was very time consuming due to all the different colours of the fabric of the clothes, and all the details.



After the all the details were painted, I attached the right arm and the wooden barrel, after painting them with all that wood grain, time consuming technique, but I think it well worths the effort. I also added a couple of decals and painted over them.




And then I airbrushed matt varnish and then brushed on gloss varnish in metal areas and glass (bottles), then base him with beach sand, tufts and static grass... Here you have the finished product:











Cheers!!



14 comments:

  1. He looks so fierce, colorful and beautiful, excellent work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic oldhammer giant! Lovely finish!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous paint job. I remember this model well from back in the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I bought it recently... I did not own him as a kid.

      Delete
  4. Que linda figura!!! Felicitaciones!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic weathering on this Pz III!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hermoso!!! Justo hoy comencé a pintar el mio y buscando inspiracion llegue aca... una joyita.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muchas gracias! así es, esa miniatura es una maravilla, ánimo con la tuya.
      Saludos

      Delete