Sunday 24 May 2020

Aventine's 28mm Sassanid Elephant

Hi there,

A year before starting this blog I painted a Sassanid elephant from the excellent Aventine Miniatures Sassanid range, I have taken new pics of the elephant these days, and now it is finally in the blog, where it deserved to be.

This unit is one of the center pieces of my growing Sassanid Army for Impetus and/Hail Caesar... The army is composed by miniatures from A&A, Aventine and Gripping Beast.
It is a metal Elephant, and  I am very pleased with the sculpt and the finished result of the paintjob 
(it was painted partly with airbrush).

The Sassanid shield transfers are Little Big Men Studios, the best transfers I have ever seen. The shield in the ground is hand painted, a late Roman design belonging to "Lanciarri Seniores"

I hope you like this little jumbo, soon I will post a Savaran/Clibanarii unit I am currently painting, and a post showing the whole army.

Cheers!

















17 comments:

  1. A beautiful paint job Jose...
    What’s not to love about Sassanid War Elephants... I need one 😁

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Aly! Now the elephants are resin (Aventine) so not too heavy like mine, give them a try!

      Delete
  2. Superb Sassanid elephant! Look forward to the Savaran.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks mate, I hope to have them finished in a few days.
      Cheers!

      Delete
  3. Very nice looking model. Neat and beautiful work on the elephant:) lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. How did you paint the dirt on the elephant's white cloth?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think It was drybrushing earthy and dusty colours, very slightly.

      Delete
  5. Lovely looking elephant! The transfer shield and the handpainted shield are both excellent!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  6. The skin tones on that elephant are just fantastic- really superb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks mate, I used the airbrush for the skin and howdah wood, then oil washes and drybrush.

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete