Tuesday 27 November 2018

French command base, late XVII c.

Hi again mates,


I painted in 2016 a command base for my French Army ( I will showcase it here some day), I wanted to show a generic French general, but I got my inspiration from Marshall Turenne, one of the best generals of "Le Grand Siècle" who fought,  generally against Dutch, Imperial, Spanish... and rebel French during "La Fronde".   I use this base for games from 1668-1697... I know, I am stretching it too much.

The base is an oval renedra plastic base, I forgot to paint the edges in black! So I will do later. The miniatures are a mix of Front Rank, North Star 1672 and Warfare Miniatures. 

I painted the drummer in light grey, just because I am too lazy to paint the French royal livery... and I prefer the grey colour... I am sure he won't mind :P

The difference in the uniforms of the figures is because I wanted to depict several units reporting to their supreme commander. 




Now a closer look...








I hope you like it !

4 comments:

  1. About! It is a small masterpiece! 8о

    ReplyDelete
  2. Students TN 11th Book 2021 All Subject get Your Private Colleges Students to pay Amount at your After Provide TN +2 Books 2021, Students Your books any Damage and Missing Students Do not Tension, Tamil Nadu HSC Textbooks our Web portal Provident Tamil Nadu Textbooks 2021 for Plus two All Subject Wise Pdf format Download. TN Books 2021 for 11th Class asked in this Exam are Based on the Exam Pattern issued by School Education Department of Tamil Nadu

    ReplyDelete