Sunday 6 February 2022

Warhammer Empire: Supreme Patriarch of Wizards, Thyrus Gormann

 Hello guys,


This time I have painted anothe miniature from the good old Warhammer box "Heroes of the Empire", Thyrus Gormann, the Supreme Patriarch of the Colleges of Magic... Well, he was the Supreme Patriarch in the times of 4th and 5th editions, now in the current editions he is the ex Supreme Patriarch, being the current one Balthasar Gelt. In the present day he is Patriarch of the Bright Order

the miniature is a joy to paint, with a lot of detail, sculpted by the Perries (I don't know who of them!) and I followed the painting scheme of the box art and the 'Eavy Metal studio.





My Empire army had only 1 wizard (borrowed from my Warhammer Quest) so I needed a more powerful wizard to counter my friend's Vampire Counts forces, and Thyrus Gormann was a good solution, armed with the bright sword and the the Staff of Volans. So now my army is quite strong in magic power!


I painted him in over 10 days, painting just a few minutes (to half an hour) in every session. The horse was painted with an airbrush, in yellow tones, and then with a little bit of oils as highlights, the horse flesh in Foundry triads (conker brown).

The rider was painted mostly with Vallejo and Foundry paints, following the bright scheme of the Oldhammer and Middlehammer period, in reds and yellows. I tested my skills with an attempt of painting TMM "True Metallic Metal" on the sword, as I usually paint historical miniatures in a quicker way.

I hope you like it!














6 comments:

  1. Really nice, Jose... collecting and painting these old sculpts are one of my passions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Clarence! Then I share your passion, I love these oldhammer models.

      Cheers

      Delete
  2. Another delightful piece of Oldhammer…

    I think this one was made by Michael…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Aly! I love these models from GW "Belle Epoque :D

      Cheers

      Delete