Tuesday 1 October 2019

Warhammer Quest: Witch Hunter & Heroes

Hi guys!

After painting the Warhammer Giant, just before the summer, my mood turned into a more "historical"manner. This changed last weekend, I had a miniature laying around during months, and I really wanted to paint it but never find the right moment, until now ;)   Warhammer Quest Witch Hunter, a fantasy XVIIc. style miniature, with a lot of detail and crisp details. It has been a joy to paint, and I'm pleased with the final result.  I used mostly Foundry paint triads, Vallejo model color, some Citadel paints ( I tend to use lesser and lesser Citadel paints, due to their tendency  to dry in the pot...) then I applied matt varnish from Ammo Mig and Voilà!









I will use this guy, apart from Warhammer Quest heroe, as a hero for my Oldhammer Empire army, and my future Mordheim  Witch Hunter warband :)


And I found out a couple of Heroes painted last year but not yet photographed and uploaded here, so sorry for this, here they come, my Dwarf hero and Barbarian!

The Dwarf iron breaker is from Warhammer Quest core set (1995!) in plastic, a nice little miniature that painted up quite nicely.



And regarding the Barbarian, I simply did not like at all the Barbarian included in the core game... I may paint it in the future, but for gaming purposes, I painted a different Barbarian, a guy from the mountains of Norsca, similar to the Barbarian featured in Warhammer Quest pc game (or IOS game), with more agressive and mature look. I tried to paint some TMM (true metallic metal) In the sword, but, as you can see, I am very far from master that technique haha, I am not very used to paint with those fancy styles, but sometimes I like to try "new" things. I hope you like it!








10 comments:

  1. Witch hunter is awesome and the dwarf and barbarian are excellent!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  2. Splendid miniatures and paint job, love the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey what did you use on that jacket? Looks great. Using these pics as a reference when I paint mine. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! thank you, I used Foundry Buff Leather, my absolute favorite.

      Delete
    2. Got that set of paint in and have been playing around with it. Should be interested to see if I can pull this off. If ya have any tips I'm all ears haha.

      Delete