Monday 29 April 2019

Front Rank conversions in 28mm for 1670' PART II

Hi guys!


I have just "reinforced" my late XVII Spaniards with 4 new pikemen for a Provincial Tercio in Franco Dutch War, or in League of Augsburg War, sorry for the slow update, I am working on several projects, so this one will be slower from now on, but  an advancing one though ;)  

Here is the unit painted so far:








And now the conversions themselves;  you saw them in the first April post here:

I used a Bicorne miniatures ECW pikeman, in order to depict an old fashioned coat along the newer longer coats... I modified him with a feather in his hat and a green stuff cravatte in his neck. As it is a Provincial Tercio, those were low budget units, roughly trained and equiped. I avoided giving them a full uniform, but "off white" grey or beiges are dominant with red.

the other 3 figures are modified scythemen from Front Rank:







I used mostly Vallejo and Foundry paints, with some Citadel, and tried some new tones, like the grey coat on the pikeman standing with his pike upright, I think the contrast is too strong for my taste, but I left him like that anyway.

I hope you like them!


Cheers

8 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous! Love your choice of colours. Bright, but not garish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Moiterei for your comment, I am glad that an awesome painter like you, likes my miniatures :)

      Delete
  2. Lovely minis, they look so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great. Very evocative of that era.

    ReplyDelete