Friday 22 September 2023

More Spanish war galleys 1/1200 for MAD FOR WAR

 Hi guys,


These days I`ve been painting more little XVII c. ships. I have added 2 more galleys  to my Spanish Mediterranean fleet, now I have 3 painted, and several more oared ships waiting in the painting queue, including a 3D printed galley as a test.



In just a week, I received a parcel from the UK with all the goodies from Ark Royal miniatures' ships, my order was: 5 medium and small galleons,  4 fustas (small galleys) and 2 lanternas/galeras capitanas or big galleys.  Barry Hilton also gifted me with a bergantin (very small galley) and a fireship. All very well detailed with no flash and clean sculpts 👍



all this plus their ratlines and masts with sails.


Coming back to my recently finished galleys, I tried to introduce subtle variations in colors, trying to keep as historically accurate as possible. Again I combined hand painted flags with paper flags from Minairons miniatures, I am pleased with the end result, given its small size. More soon!




The full "squadron" of galleys so far...




I hope you like them!










8 comments:

  1. Beautiful!

    What rules are you going to use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are tiny! You have done an amazing job I thought the one ship had an awful amount of flash until I realised it was the fire ship lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Codsticker :D Yes, quite small... But I prefer this scale for ships, although there is a smaller scale for sailing ships, 1/2400, but not enough detailed for me. Yes the tiny ship has fire! not flash haha.
      Cheers

      Delete
  3. Really lovely Jose….
    They are very detailed little toys for their size.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aly, many thanks! Yes, very small but nice sculpts and well detailed as you said :)

      Delete