Sunday 9 October 2022

Bolt Action US airborne for Sicily and Normandy (old miniatures)

 Hi guys,


I am still in WW2 mood,  painting some scenery for Sicily 1943 and a platoon of tropical Fallschirmjager for the same theatre. But in the meantime, I took from the box some old painted Bolt Action miniatures like this US Airborne force from Bolt Action, mostly bought back in the day when the game saw the light.

This weekend I took some pictures of my small US force so far. 

It comprises a platoon of US Airborne, a Sherman tank and a 76mm gun.  The first two units are Warlord's and the latter is Artizan.

I recently bought 2 more Shermans and another Airborne platoon, also support weapons like mortar and Bazookas, in order to have the army more playable.

These were painted a looooong time ago, maybe almost a decade or so, but never photographed.







The infantry is not painted up to my today's standard of painting, these were painted using Quickshade splash on technique and then slightly highlighted, but anyway, I will paint another batch at some point, and expand the army.

The army was thought for Normandy, but I will use it for Sicily, although the tank has the wrong painting scheme and is not the exact version of Sherman... but , you know, it's a game :D





6 comments:

  1. Really cool paintjob!
    Personally I do not collect airborne force (not mu cup of tea - I prefer regular army) but your G.I.s look great alltogether! o/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks !! Yes I later thought it would have been better to paint an infantry force hahaha.

      Delete
    2. Hehe, well my first BA unit was paratruupers squad, but after painting a single unit I dumped them and turned into ground force 😉

      Delete
  2. Fantastic painting and weathering on that Sherman. I tend to go a bit overboard on that aspect but yours approach is perfectly balanced.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, Codsticker! Yes, when you start weathering ; less ir more! Cheers

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete