Monday 27 July 2020

Summer painting: Flames of War Sturer Emil (Stalingrad)


Hello guys,

Since late June I have not been painting too much, you know, summer in Spain is warm and it is beach time, also going out with friends, practice some sports... all that real life stuff that interrupts our hobby.

Nevertheless, I have been painting some random World War 2 stuff like this German tank destroyer, the "Sturer Emil" from Battlefront's Flames of War game,  I am slowly building a 1942 Panzerkompanie for Flames of War, Stalingrad themed, I also own a late war Panzerkompanie and an American and Russian armies.

I like to paint wargames tanks as If they were true scale models; with airbrush, oil washes, enamel washes, pigments, etc. I really enjoy weathering vehicles, I usually overdo this, but  mono colour tanks like this would be very boring with just its panzer grey paint applied.
For this one, I used paints from Ammo Mig range, very good quality products, I highly recommend them.

Sorry for the quality of the pics, I have a new iphone and I don't know how to use proper light for the photos with the new camera.

I have included a photo of me with the real vehicle in Kubinka tank museum in Moscow, in 2019.

Two prototypes of these tank destroyer (named after Max and Moritz) were built, both of which served on the Eastern Front. One vehicle was destroyed, the other captured at Stalingrad in January 1943, with 22 kill marks painted on the barrel (the one of my photo).


I hope to update soon again the blog with a Bolt Action tank (Manchukuoan Army) and Kriegsmarine stuff in 1/700 and Cruel Seas from Warlord games.

Cheers!
















7 comments:

  1. Well, you certainly didn't overdo the weathering on this tank- it looks perfect. Weathering really allows you to be a bit creative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Codsticker, weathering is the funniest part of vehicle painting.

      Cheers

      Delete
  2. The tank destroyer model looks really nice. Good work:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely looking model Jose...
    The real thing is certainly a bit of a monster...

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Aly! yeah, although in that museum there were bigger monsters like Jagdtiger or Maus !

      Best regards

      Delete