Tuesday 2 April 2019

Some conversions and minis in 28mm for 1660-70'

Hello guys!

After I finished Tercio of "Amarillos Viejos", I thought about making a small unit of a musketeer wing or Free company of musketeers for War of Devolution, using Blood & Plunder's Spanish militia... I also thought about converting some Front Rank miniatures  (Monmouth packs) into some Provincial Tercios raised in Catalonia for the campaign of 1673...


Here is the first base of the unit, the command base: Blood & Plunder officer, Front Rank converted ensign and Front Rank converted drummer.














The plan is:

- using Blood & Plunder Dutch and Spanish militia for Spanish and Walloons in 1650-68, not as a full tercio but yes as musketeer wings or "mangas de mosqueteros"  I have made some minor conversions adding feathers, and substituting heads with Steve Barber's TYW heads (great quality and value). Maybe some muskets rests too.

pics of miniatures , in my opinion, for troops in the 1650-60' with some conversions.

official photo of the web page.



Dutch

official photo of the web page, Spanish militia


The first conversion, I cut his head and added a Steve Barber one, also his arquebus was upgraded and now is a musket with musket rest, his base is cut in order to be glued in a multiple base






I love the Spanish officer in high cuffs and open coat! I painted it this weekend, my first painted Blood & Plunder miniature:









- using Front Rank Monmouth rebellion figures;   Maybe these are my favourite miniatures from Front Rank...


command blister

I converted several of these miniatures for my "miquelets" or Catalan Skirmishers in League of Augsburg War and Franco Dutch War, you can see them here:

some examples:









In the command blister, the drummer in the middle of the bottom row: I cut his woollen hat, and gave him another one, in plastic. I added a moustache and a feather (greenstuff). Here is a W.I.P. picture





And made an ensign too, with one scythemen

PIC


More scythemen were easily converted into pikemen using Warlord Games ECW' plastic pikes, and Wargames Factory sword.  These pikemen are for my Provincial Tercio without proper uniform.






There is also a Bicorne Miniatures  ECW pikeman,  I really like this pack of Bicorne Pikemen, I will use them both for my (late) 30 years war and 1650, and for my War of Devolution or old fashioned uniform in later times. I "sculpted" a feather and a cravatte or necklace to give some 1660-70 flavour.






Cheers!!


2 comments: