Monday 16 March 2020

another 30 Years War French regiment Turenne (28mm)

Hello guys,


As we have been confined at home in Spain, I am painting a little bit more these days, so I managed to finish another unit for my French army of  the Thirty Years War.

As I said in the previous post, the shot wings were commissioned to the very talented Toby, from Artmaster Studio, and I have painted the pikemen, command group and flags (this time Warlord Games flag and the white flag is printed from the internet) I also based all the models.

The figures are from several manufacturers, and the fit well together in my humble opinion, you can find an officer from Steve Barber models, one flag bearer is Avanpost, the other one is TAG,  pikemen Warlord Games (plastic) and Horcata, with one Old Glory... so as you can see, a lot of variation in models.

Musketeers are mostly Foundry TYW and Bicorne ECW.

I hope you like this new unit for my collection.











some close up pics











13 comments:

  1. Gorgeous flags and minis, excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like the variation you get in your units

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, its time consuming to paint each soldier with different colours... so batch painting is no that easy as with other periods :(

      Delete
  3. Beautifully done Jose! Inspiring stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Question: Are the number of figures per unit arbitrary or related to actual to figure ratio? And a simple technique that I was told one by a pro painter for units with variation of colours: lightly splodge each colour on each part of the figure you want that colour to go. Do this for all colours required then you can paint in batches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! the number of figures are a mix of historical ratio and aesthetic in terms of wargaming and time to paint a full unit.

      Yes I always paint in batches of 4-6 miniatures
      Cheers!

      Delete
    2. Thank you Kindly Jose. May I ask what base sizes do you use for this TYW French unit Turenne?

      Delete
    3. Sure mate, these are 6cm x 6cm
      Cheers

      Delete