Friday 26 May 2023

28mm Lakhmid Arab cavalry (Sassanid allies) PART II END

 Hello guys!


Finally , since 2020, I managed to finish my Lakhmid cavalry for my Sassanid army.

Here you have the first post with the history and conversion process:

https://spanishleadpainting.blogspot.com/2020/05/28mm-conversions-lakhmid-arab-cavalry.html


The miniatures are a mixture of Gripping beast plastic Arab heavy cavalry,  Armorum & Aquila Sassanids horse archers in armor. I painted them mostly in Vallejo and Foundry paints in triads.










I started the painting process in early March, but an eyes operation prevented me to finish the unit until May!  I tried to use earthy and warm tones, like the illustration above, I also painted a couple of horse saddle with leopard skin like the noble warrior of the illustration.
The shields are A&A with Little big men studios decals from their Sassanid range.

The plastic horses are nice and pleasant to paint, also the plastic rider, which , in my opinion, is a good miniature compared with other plastic kits from Gripping Beast.

The unit is based for Impetus or Basic Impetus, like the rest of my late antiquity armies.

I hope you like them!








Cheers





6 comments:

  1. Great work -You might like our Tarawa 28mm board https://youtu.be/y4_9OwtyLOI

    ReplyDelete
  2. Splendid work Jose…
    The colours work really well.

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ally! this army is growing just some Sogdian infantry and cataphracts

      Delete