Wednesday 18 May 2022

My 30 Years War French army so far.

 Hi friends,

This month I present to you the current state of my 30 Years War / TYW French army, an small force today, but bigger in the near future (I hope!).

 As you know, I am more orientated to later XVII century conflicts, but I still did not want to neglect my Thirty Years War forces, so in order to force myself to paint more units for this army, I took all the units for a "family photo".

If you want to see the origin of this army, you can just search in the blog the tagged words "French" or "30 years war" and you will easily find the other 3 or 4 posts about this army and its units.



Just to name the parts of the army, there are so far painted (either by me or by other painter):

-regiment of foot "Turenne"

-regiment of foot "Picardie"

-squadron of horse "Dauphin Gendarmes" 

-Army command base

-artillery piece (an ex Swedish gun, now French)









This army is primarly for Catalonia and Flanders, and I also have a painted English regiment, that can be also a Rebel pro French Catalan tercio, because Catalan also used St. George cross in red over a white background... So that unit can fight as English in Flanders with the French in mid 1650' or as Catalan in Catalonian front in 1640-52.

Appart from those previously shown, I have already in my list, semi painted or just started :

-1 more artillery piece

-regiment of foot "Lyonnais"

-squadron of horse (I have not decided which one)

-enfants perdús/forlorn hope



6 comments:

  1. They look splendid Jose…
    I’ve always liked the look of the 30 Years War French…

    All the best. Aly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aly, sadly there are almost none specially done French TYW, but some white sashes do the job ;)
      Regards

      Delete
  2. This looks fantastic, going to have to go back and look into the individual units.

    ReplyDelete