Monday 8 October 2018

Firelock Games Miniatures review

Hello all,

I received last week my first Kickstarter order, from Firelock Games' Blood & Plunder games.
I bought me just some miniatures, I am not interested (yet) in the rules, although I have heard only good things about them.

I ordered the European Militia box, and some Dutch militiamen. I want them for my mid to late XVII c. Spanish army.



The miniatures, in general terms, are well sculpted and the proportions are correct Imho...  The thing I don´t like is the 20mm round base cast on them, but it is not a big problem.

They are digitally sculpted, and you easily notice it. I prefer the "traditional" way, but they are good miniatures.


Dutch musketeers, I find them very interesting for 1660-70' Walloon or Dutch militia or foot soldiers.





Artillery:

I think it has too much flash...





anyway, the poses are rather nice, and they are valid both as naval or land artillery crew.


Regarding the uniformed men, they are very nice Matchlock armed soldiers, with the early "webbing", no waist belt yet.  so I think they are intended for 1660-80'.








You get 8 musketeers, I don't know yet If I will base them individually or regimented in square bases.  They are very versatile, you can field almost every nation with these miniatures.


And the last part is the cavalry... Frankly, I do not like them, the poses, the horses (too big for dragoons) and the way they have been casted in 2 parts;  rider torso and horses with the rider's legs.

4 cavalry are included, plus a  mounted commander .








I recommend this brand, good quality, not very cheap but a period you don´t see quite often. They are perfect and well researched for colonial militia in pirate games, and also good for Europe and skirmishes in late XVII c.

Cheers.

1 comment:

  1. I see your blog regularly. Your blog is very useful for us. If you are screaming out “crowdfunding españa” you’ve come to the most elite crowdfunding españa...Click Here

    ReplyDelete